Savvy developers and investors need the right information to make data-driven decisions. Leverage the nation’s most comprehensive housing data and analysis of its kind to move your strategy forward.
CohnReznick’s Market Survey and Appraisal services combine our decades of experience in every aspect of the affordable housing industry with our appraisal practice to provide a holistic view of low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) program sensitivities and the know-how required to yield value-driven, actionable insights.
- Analysis of LIHTC comparables for vacancy rates, amenity packages, and market rates
- Critical insight into absorption rates, capture rates, and stabilized occupancy
- Region-specific expertise appropriately evaluating market rental rates
- Investigation into the potential impact on existing affordable developments
- Market participant interviews to extrapolate the local-lens perspective
- Advice on the compliance requirements of HUD Section 8 Rent Comparability Studies (RCS), viability, and contract renewal
CohnReznick adheres to the market study guidelines promulgated by the National Council of Housing Market Analysts (NCHMA), in addition to conforming to the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), the Appraisal Institute’s Code of Professional Ethics and Standards of Professional Practice, and applicable state appraisal regulations.
Our real estate appraisal practice provides independent appraisal services on a vast range of property types. Our professionals are state-certified appraisers, members of the Appraisal Institute (MAI), and Counselors of Real Estate (CRE), and we have experience working with…
- More than 1,000 developers and 150 not-for-profit developers annually
- 19 of the top 50 owners and 15 of the top developers in the U.S. (based on annual rankings)
- 50 public housing authorities annually
- 75% of the nation’s affordable housing investors and syndicators
- HUD-related properties and facilities
Through our Tax Credit Investment Services group, CohnReznick authors original reporting, which includes bimonthly pricing analysis, annual operational and development trends, and our online Portfolio Performance Indicator. We maintain a presence on Capitol Hill through our Governmental Affairs office, helping to shape policy and keep housing top of mind for legislators. We have developed a national organization, the Council of Independent State Housing Associations, to foster communication between and among the country’s state housing coalitions.
ACTIVE IN THE INDUSTRY
In addition to being members of the National Council of Housing Market Analysts (NCHMA), we support and are actively involved in more than 70 national, state, and local housing-related organizations.
Affordable Housing Tax Credit Study